*** The best way to reach our clinic at this time is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are experiencing an increased volume of inquiries and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. ***
We are happy to announce that our clinic has made significant improvements to ensure the safety of our team members and our patients. will continue to act cautiously in order to ensure public safety.
The following directives have been created to optimize the safety for our patients and staff during COVID-19 Pandemic:
Prioritization of appointments:
- (1) Those with urgent ocular concerns (e.g. sudden changes in vision, flashes & floaters, or red/sore eyes) will be seen first.
- (2) Non-urgent ocular concerns (e.g. gradual changes in vision).
- (3) Previously cancelled and pre-booked appointments will be prioritized based on #1 and #2 above.
- (4) General appointments will be booked based on #1 and #2 above as capacity dictates.
- (5) Established patients of the clinic will be given priority.
Screening: All patients with scheduled appointments will be pre-screened (by phone or intake form) upon booking and at the time of their visit. In consideration of patient safety, this will include screening questions for COVID-19 symptoms, as well as other questions to determine suitability for an in-person versus virtual visit.
Minimizing number of patients and staff: We will be requesting that patients come alone to their appointments. Those who cannot come alone will be limited to one support person.
Timeliness: Patients must arrive on time. Those arriving more than 10 minutes prior to their appointment or 10 minutes late will not be allowed to enter the clinic. In addition, we will be minimizing the amount of time of each patient visit.
- Patients: All patients are encouraged to wear a mask and to disinfect their hands upon entry to the clinic. If they don’t have a mask, one will be provided.
- Staff: All staff will wear masks.
- Protective barriers: slit lamps, and phoropters
- Disinfection: All touched common surfaces and medical testing surfaces will be sanitized between patients. Cleaning of all other potential public surfaces, including door handles will occur multiple times per day. Aggressive nightly sanitization of all surfaces will also take place.
- Air Quality: Our clinic has increased airflow and negative pressure of the HVAC system and added additional HEPA filters to help filter out air-born pathogens.
- No magazines, toys or other shared materials will be available in the office.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office at 416-486-6084 or send us an email at email@example.com.