Zeiss Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer
- Humphrey field analyser (HFA) is a tool for measuring the human visual field that is commonly used by optometrists, orthoptists and ophthalmologists, particularly for detecting monocular visual field.
- The results of the analyser identify the type of vision defect. Therefore, it provides information regarding the location of any disease processes or lesion(s) throughout the visual pathway. This guides and contributes to the diagnosis of the condition affecting the patient’s vision. These results are stored and used for monitoring the progression of vision loss and the patient’s condition.
Heidelberg SPECTRALIS Optical Coherence Tomography + Fundus Imaging (OCT), Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT), Heidelberg Edge Perimeter (HEP)
- A suite of proven tools for the early detection and management of glaucoma, a symptomless, sight-threatening disease. HRT is extremely valuable in monitoring those with known risk factors for glaucoma especially when used in combination with the Heidelberg Edge Perimeter (HEP), and SPECTRALIS (OCT). With OCT, each of the retina’s distinctive layers can be seen with details discernible to micrometres. HEP provides 2-in-1 perimetry, which enables clinicians to detect visual field loss at early stage of disease using Flicker-Defined Form perimetry and provides the means to manage progression of the disease at later stages using Standard Automated Perimetry (SAP). The three instruments share their collected data and are able to compare optic nerve structure (HRT) with optic nerve function (HEP), as well as variability of the damage(OCT) in order to track, manage, and control vision issues as a result of sight-threatening disease.
- Additionally, The SPECTRALIS® Widefield Imaging Module provides a 55-degree field of view for fundus imaging modalities including. Capturing the macula, the optic nerve head and areas beyond the vessel arcades in a single image, the Widefield Imaging Module facilitates comprehensive diagnostics. The high-resolution, high-contrast scanning laser images captured with the Widefield Imaging Module offer diagnostic capabilities beyond those of conventional fundus photography.
- Dynamic Pupillometry: Provides clear information on the reaction time and size of the pupil, which may be useful to monitor low dose atropine compliance or to titrate the dose of atropine. The user can examine pupil centration and diameter over a range of light levels, which is useful for Ortho-K and multifocal lens fitting and is also informative pre and post-refractive surgery.
- Axial Length Measurement: MYAH provides essential information to monitor eye elongation and compare axial length measurements with built-in growth curves. The Rx and Axial Length charts help you track progression and monitor the effectiveness of intervention. MYAH provides this data so that you can compare changes over time. MYAH uses the same proven technology as the Topcon Aladdin biometer, producing reproducible axial length results.
- Corneal Aberration Summary: The Zernike expansion coefficient is used to determine which component(s) dominate the aberration structure of the cornea and to what degree.
- The anterior corneal Zernike summary consists of 36 polynomials up to the 7th order and provides a clear view of the optical irregularities that can impact the quality of vision.
- Corneal Topography: MYAH offers another range of tools to analyze the anterior cornea, including topographic maps, 3D maps, comparison maps, height maps, Zernike analysis and keratoconus screening.
- Dry Eye Assessment Tool: These tools offer non-invasive Tear Break-up Time (NIBUT), Meibomian gland imaging with the area of loss analysis, tear meniscus height analysis, blink analysis, real fluorescein imaging and video acquisition, and video review of anterior corneal aberrations between blinks.
- Contact Lens Fitting: MYAH provides support for contact lens fitting, reducing the number of lenses that need to be trialed on the eye. Includes a database of conventional RGP and Ortho-K lenses. Export topography data to 3rd party calculators. Fluorescein simulation with ability to save and review data.
- eye-light® is our flagship solution featuring 2 core technologies, Light Modulation® LLLT and Optimal Power Energy® IPL, for an optimal, non-invasive treatment of most ocular surface conditions from Dry Eye Disease (DED) induced by Meibomian Glands Dysfunction (MGD) to Sjögren’s Syndrome.
- IPL: Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy is a relatively new treatment for evaporative dry eye and rosacea. Using filters in the IPL handpiece, the light spectrum emitted from the flash lamp can be absorbed by oxyhemoglobin. The light is converted to heat-inducing ablation of vascular structures. OPE® IPL is the only pulsed light in the world allowing for usage without any protective gel. This is made possible by our patented, software-enabled technology providing a light impulse that’s emitted at just the right frequency, every time, throughout every beam. This provides both operators and patients with an invaluable asset: the convenience of an exceptional, frictionless experience.
- LLLT: Red Mask and Blue Mask, Eye-light’s patented photo bimodulation technology solicits cells’ mitochondria, triggering biochemical and biophysical reactions that stimulate them to a better protein synthesis as well as generating endogenous heat through increased ATP generation. Thanks to the near-infrared emission of light, the tear lipid layer is increased and stabilized. On top of the Red Light LLLT, eye-light® also features Blue and Yellow LM® LLLT technology to administer the photobiostimulation therapy for most ocular surface diseases.
- LLLT can be safely performed on all patients independent of skin pigmentation and directly treats the eyelids and the periocular area.
LLLT Red Mask
Used for Inflammation Reduction and ATP Production Stimulus
- Improves cells metabolism due to increased ATP production within mitochondria
- Reduces inflammation by regulating anti-oxidant defenses and reducing oxidative stress
- Light-induced activation of transcription factors and signaling pathways
- When a 15-minute treatment is applied, the total fluence in the treated area is 100 Joules/cm2
- The photobiomodulation device has an emission power of 100 mW/cm2
- More Than Just For Dry Eye Therapy
- Known Use Cases in Ophthalmology: DED/MGD, Chalazion, Stye, Sjögren’s Syndrome, Stye, Blepharitis, Ocular Surgery, Ectropion
LLLT Blue Mask
Used for Bacterial Elimination
- Blue light energy is absorbed by molecules called porphyrins within bacteria and photosensitization occurs.
- Exposure to the light can result in photodynamic inactivation, a process in which bacteria are killed by light.
- The membrane-bound porphyrin molecules generate singlet oxygen radicals that damage or disrupt the cell wall of a variety of gram-positive bacteria and lead to cell death.
- The relatively weak defense mechanism in bacteria against singlet oxygen induces damage, contributing to the high efficiency of the photodynamic inactivation.
Effective Treatment For
Demodex, Blepharitis, Rosacea
Highlight Technology used at Toronto Eye Clinic:
- Auto Refractor Nidek Tonoref III
- Phoropter Nidek RT-3100
- Heidelberg Spectralis Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Heidelberg Fundus Imaging
- Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT)
- Heidelberg Edge Perimeter (HEP)
- Reichart Illuminated Phoropter
- Eye-Light, OPER® IPL, LM®LLLT, Red Mask, Blue Mask
- Nidek L-M7 Fully Automatic Lensometer
- Reichart Manual Lensometer
- Reichart Monocular Radiuscope